2) No reliance on Information.
Website provides the information contained in the Website for general information purposes only. Nothing contained in this Website should be construed as providing definitive information on the topics covered or as suggesting a particular diagnosis or course of treatment for a particular individual. Always seek professional expert medical advice before undertaking any form of medical treatment or relying upon information contained on this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency service provider immediately.
2.1 Medical Training. You acknowledge the information provided via the Website has been compiled on the basis of convenience and for general knowledge only. Information may be compiled by editors and other non-medically qualified persons. Accordingly, any information derived from use of the Website or any correspondence originating from Website or its employees, agents or services providers should not be construed as providing medical advice or creating and/or being a doctor-patient relationship.
Should you have any health care related questions, please call or see your physician or other professionally qualified health care provider promptly. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
2.2 Lists. Where information has been provided in a list, you acknowledge this has been provided by Website, for convenience and ease of reference only. The lists categorising information are provided without regard to importance, frequency, severity or relevance. Lists are not exhaustive.
2.3 Symptom and Medical Complication Information. This Website provides general information in relation to symptoms of medical conditions and complications of medical conditions. As the information is provided for general information only, information in relation to symptoms of medical conditions and medical complication information should not be relied upon.
Website cannot guarantee or warrant that all symptoms of medical conditions or all causes of symptoms or all information relating to complications of medical conditions are presented or that the information listed applies to a certain condition, given such factors as:
(a) The severity of the condition;
(b) The type or sub-type of the condition;
(c) The progression/stage of a condition within an individual;
(d) The inherent evolving nature of various conditions;
(e) Special classes of patients, e.g. babies, children, pregnant women, elderly persons, those with continuing or previous conditions, underlying causes or associated conditions.
You further acknowledge that if you are self-interpreting any possible or potential symptoms you may have, some symptoms and causes may be missed, hidden or hard to detect, or only detectable by a qualified medical expert.
The listed symptoms, causes and medical complication information and/or lists should not be taken as exhaustive lists.
2.4 Treatment Information. This Website provides general information in relation to the treatment of medical conditions. As the information is provided for general information only, information in relation to the treatment of medical conditions should not be relied upon. Accordingly, you should always seek professional qualified medical advice about all treatments before undertaking any treatment plan, or before discontinuing, modifying or delaying any treatment plan, to accurately identify:
(a) Side effects;
(b) Contraindications with other treatments;
(c) Interactions with other treatments;
(d) Complications of the treatment;
(e) Effectiveness of the treatment given varying stages of a medical condition;
(f) Whether the treatment is appropriate to a Special class of patients (as noted above);
(g) Whether a treatment will interact adversely with other treatments, medications (prescriptions or over-the-counter), supplements, alternative treatments or other medical conditions;
(h) Whether the treatment has been accepted as standard practice in the medical industry;
(i) Whether a treatment has been outdated, superseded, banned, or otherwise no longer used to treat a condition;
(j) Whether or not the treatment is approved by relevant government authorities;
(k) Whether the treatment is appropriate having regard to all personal circumstances.
The listed treatments for a medical condition should not be taken as an exhaustive list.
2.5 Endorsement. Website does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be contained on the Website.
3) Intellectual Property Rights
Copyright. All content included on this Website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, videos, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Website or its suppliers and protected by Australian and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this Website is the exclusive property of Website and protected by Australian and international copyright laws. All software used on this Website is the property of Website or its suppliers and protected by Australian and international copyright laws.
Trade Marks. Website and other Website graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trade marks, or registered trade marks of Website in Australia and/or other countries. Website's trade marks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Website's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Website. All other trade marks not owned by Website that appear on this Website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Website.
Patents. One or more patents owned by Website may apply to this Website and to the products and services accessible via the Website.
4) License and Website Access.. Website grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this Website and not to download or modify it, or any portion of it, except with the express written consent of Website. This Website or any portion of this Website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Website. You may not frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose any trade mark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Website without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilising Website's name or trade marks without the express written consent of Website. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or license granted by Website.
5) User Postings. At various places on the Website you may be able to submit your own comments or other material ("Content"). In submitting any communications or materials you warrant that you are the author and have the rights to submit same and have the full ability to provide the following licence. Should you submit any communications or materials to any part of this Website, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes and that the submission you are providing to Website is a world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable, in perpetuity licence to make use of (in the sole discretion of Website) the communications or materials in any media or medium, including to transfer, assign or sublicense to third parties, without compensation or further obligation to you. In doing so, you further agree to provide a genuine consent for Website to deny any attribution of authorship, to falsely attribute authorship, to subject any submission, communication or other material to derogatory treatment for the Specified Acts. For the purpose of this clause, Specified Acts means any of the following acts or omissions or classes or types of acts or omissions:
(a) using, reproducing, adapting, translating, or exploiting all or any part of the Content; and
(b) the use of the Content for advertising, merchandising or promotional purposes of any kind; and
(c) attributing authorship of the Content to Website or failing to acknowledge or attribute you as author of the Content; and
(d) not attributing authorship to you when communicating, exhibiting or performing the work to the public or in public, and when reproducing, copying, publishing and adapting the work; and
(e) materially altering the Content in any way, or making any modification, variation or amendment of any nature whatsoever to the Content, whether or not it:
(i) results in a material distortion, destruction or mutilation of any of the Content; or
(ii) is prejudicial to your honour or reputation; and
(f) using the Content in a different context to that originally envisaged; and
(g) inserting the Content into another form of media; and
(h) carrying out further research and development using the Content.
6) Your Account. In using the Website, if you are provided with a username and password, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
7) No Warranty. Website does not warrant that the content or product descriptions on this Website are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
9) Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. This Website and all information, content, materials, products (including software) and services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Website are provided by Website on an "as is" basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. Website makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this Website or the information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Website, unless otherwise specified in writing. You expressly agree that your use of this Website is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permissible under the applicable/relevant Australian laws Website disclaims all warranties, express or implied. Website does not warrant that this Website; information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Website; their servers; or e-mail sent from Website are free of viruses or other harmful components. Website will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Website or from any information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, unless otherwise specified in writing.
By entering into the Website, you agree to indemnify Website including its directors, shareholders and employees, any associated entities of Diagnostics Village Pty Ltd and third party licensors or licensees, on a full indemnity basis from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (whether in tort or in contract including and without limitation, negligence) arising out of or in any way connected to the use of the Website by you.
To the extent permitted by law, including but not limited to any act or omission on the part of Website, Website including its directors, shareholders and employees, any associated entities of Diagnostics Village Pty Ltd and third party licensors or licensees will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs or expense whether direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential, including loss of profits, suffered by you or claims made against you which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Website.
You expressly acknowledge that Website does not exert control over users of the Internet and is not liable for damage suffered by you, either directly or indirectly, as a result of you accessing the Website.
Website does not make any claims that the information is appropriate or may be downloaded in all areas, countries or jurisdictions. Access to the information contained in this Website may be illegal in certain countries. If you access the Website you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
12) Security. Website takes reasonable precautions to protect users' information, however, any information submitted is done so at your sole risk.
14) Machine Translation. THIS SERVICE MAY CONTAIN TRANSLATIONS POWERED BY GOOGLE. GOOGLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE TRANSLATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
The Website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the Website, and are provided "as is." No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.
The official text is the English version of the information. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the information which is the official version.
Last updated: 15 March 2010
Le contenu de ce site sont à titre informatif seulement et ne sont pas destinées à être utilisées pour des conseils, le diagnostic ou le traitement, ou comme un substitut à des conseils de votre équipe médicale. Contactez votre médecin ou professionnel de la santé pour tous vos besoins médicaux. En utilisant ce site vous acceptez les Conditions d'utilisation.